Important News Updates
We are now dormant for the season. If you need anything while we are closed for the winter ... please email for an appointment.
Gift Cards Available
Perhaps the perfect gift for any garden lover! Email if you need gift cards or gifts during our off season. We can arrange to meet at the store.
ANNUAL PLANT SALE
Our remaining plants are tucked away for the winter but still available during the off-season. Email for a shopping appointment.
PLANNING A HEALTHY GARDEN FOR THE FUTURE
All plants start with the roots ...
1. Start your garden with at least a two foot depth of garden soil. You can always add to your existing garden but don't go too thick ... it could smother the roots. The width of the planting space depends on the mature size of the plants ... The roots of a tree will extend much wider than the width of the canopy (you can add soil and compost over time for a growing tree...)
2. Loosen up the roots/or cut at planting time to encourage outward growth of roots to support the growing plant.
3. Mulch with a good, rich compost but be sure to keep the mulch away from the trunk of the plant ...
4. Don't over irrigate ... An established garden (over two years old with a good soil/compost base) should only need to be watered every couple of weeks ... the plants will tell you. An over-irrigated garden keeps the roots at the surface where they are more affected by changes in weather and moisture.
5. Remember ... RIGHT PLANT RIGHT PLACE ... whether it is native to our area or introduced ...